About Me

My photo
nineteen and mental ♥ i express my electric wit through my sharpie love

Monday, August 3, 2009

La Maison En Petits Cubes

I found this online today and i absolutely loved it. It is a japanese animated short film called La Maison En Petits Cubes by Kunio Katou. This beautiful film has won numerous awards including an Academy Award for best animated short film and i can definitely see why.

It.s a story about an old widower living in a town flooded by water, which forces him to continously build and rebuild new brick levels onto his flooded home to stay dry. One day, on an aquatic journey through the lower levels of his submerged home, the old man finds something more than his favorite pipe. Forgotten feelings and old memories.

It truly is a lovely story. It put tears into my eyes when i was already crying, but this time, they weren.t tears of sadness.

I think i did a bloody good job on the synopsis if i do say so myself. It touched me so much i made the same exact post on my other blog truly madly

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin