About Me

My photo
nineteen and mental ♥ i express my electric wit through my sharpie love

Saturday, August 8, 2009

1950.s Stewardess

Ok. So while at the Air and Space Museum, my buddy and i came upon an exhibit called 'Could You Be a Stewardess in the 1950.s?' It basically and very cleverly informed us about the requirements to be hired as a stewardess in the 1950.s. What i learned, blew my mind. Let.s see how qualified you are.

Ladies and Gentlemen. Are you ready to play?




Unbelievable.


Even more unbelievable. What is "Just below Hollywood standards?"

I don.t think i met this qualification.


Usually, i am definitely not cool with sexism, and though this case is no different, i couldn.t help but fall over and laugh at how ridiculous people were back then. My loud laughing tyrade caused a few stares to come my way, but it drew alot of attention to the exhibit so even more minds could be blown. What crazy standards. So my answer was no. I couldn.t be a Stewardess in the 1950.s. What about you?



0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin